ELASTICITY, St. Louis, MO
A marketing agency that creates engaging relationships between organizations and their desired audiences using a hybrid approach, blending the competencies of traditional public relations and digital strategies with the creativity of advertising.
Chief Communications Officer
* Senior communications professional within a digital marketing and public relations firm.
* Generate, close, manage, and deliver a variety of marketing, public relations, social media, web, and event projects for clients in the economic development, technology, energy, science, aviation, consumer, and philanthropic sectors.
* Lead, manage and motivate broad teams of people to accomplish complex client needs.
* Routinely build productive relationships at C-Suite and all levels within client organizations.
MONSANTO COMPANY, St. Louis, MO
Social Media/SYPA Strategy & Creative Lead – 05/2011-09/2012
* Developed and implemented corporate Facebook and Twitter strategies resulting in improved reputation online.
* Trained more than 3,000 employees on social media resulting in active employee ambassadors online.
* Responsible for top global employee award program designed to recognize employees for work that directly drove corporate vision and values forward. Effectively utilized content and events to build positive relationships outside the company and impact online reputation.
* Represented Monsanto at the RCGA and other St. Louis organizations on behalf of Monsanto’s Chief of Staff, building beneficial connections for the business with organizations and officials.
Corporate E-Communication Lead – 08/2010-05/2011
* Led a team focused on designing content to be used across all internal and external platforms to improve company reputation and engagement.
* Designed and moderated executive level events focused on increasing executive connectivity with employees.
Internal Communication Lead – 10/2007-07/2010
* Led a team responsible for global internal communications and divisional communication support for more than 24K employees using a 24/7 news model built on transparency, accountability, connectivity, collaboration and timeliness, resulting in increased engagement and awareness among 75% of US employee population.
* The team won 37 local, national and international awards in recognition of our work.
ALLSUP INC, Belleville, IL
Manager of Public Affairs
* Developed, maintained and leveraged relationships with the media, Congress and disability organizations to increase awareness in order to generate new business opportunities.
* Involved in the development and implementation of outreach programs, internet strategy, internal communications, intranet development, corporate branding, and reputation management.
* Represented company with the RCGA, PRSA and other networking environments to increase awareness of the company and positively impact its reputation.
JMM INC, Fenton, MO
Public Relations Director
* Developed and executed public relations for an international outreach and humanitarian relief organization as both a department head and as a multi-department team leader.
* Formulated, designed and implemented the creation of the PR Department from the ground up.
RAD INC, Fenton, MO
Media/Government Relations Director
* Developed and executed media promotion strategy, advertising campaigns, crisis management strategy, government relations strategy, web design and content, and media appearances for a national anti-violence program.
RADIO INDUSTRY, St. Louis, MO
Air Talent/Production Talent
* KFTK, 97.1 FM (Emmis Communications).
* WXTM, 104.1 FM (Emmis Communications).
* WALC, 104.1 FM (Emmis Communications).
* The Steve and DC Morning Show, 104.1 FM (Emmis Communications).
* KJSL, AM630 (Crawford Broadcasting).
* KSIV, AM1320 (Bott Broadcasting).
AWARDS, EDUCATION, OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
* 42 communication awards including 11 MarComs, 11 Hermes, 4 Tellys, and 4 Avas.
* Washington University – BS Global Leadership and Management.
* President’s Volunteer Service Award, Lifetime – President George W. Bush.
* President’s Volunteer Service Award, 2011 – President Barack Obama.
* Eagle Scout – 1993.
* 20+ years communication, audio editing and radio experience.
* 15+ years television, newspaper and web experience.
* Public Affairs Chair and Spokesperson – St. Louis Scottish Games.
* PR & Marketing Lead – Spirit of St. Louis Air Show.
* Published author.